- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 200 mm in Polonnaruwa, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Badulla and Monaragala districts during 26th Sep 1st Oct.
- Between 19 – 25 Sep: up to 90 mm of rainfall was recorded in Colombo district on the 24th.
- From 16 - 22 Sep: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while North-Central and Eastern provinces recorded a maximum temperature between 35-40 OC.
- From 17 - 23 Sep: up to 36 km/h, westerly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report