- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 300 mm in Mullaitivu and Trincomalee districts during 12 – 17 Dec.
- Between 4 - 10 Dec: up to 120 mm of rainfall was recorded in Galle district on the 4th.
- From 2 – 8 Dec: Nuwara Eliya district recorded a minimum temperature between 10-15 OC and most parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC
- From 3 - 9 Dec: up to 36 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report