- The NCEP weekly rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 45 mm in Kegalla, Ratnapura and Galle districts during 7th - 13th August.
- Between 30 Jul – 5 Aug: up to 50 mm of rainfall was recorded in Ratnapura district on the 30th.
- From 29 Jul – 4 Aug: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while eastern coastal regions of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 35-40 OC.
- From 30 Jul – 5 Aug: up to 48 km/h, northwesterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC below average sea surface temperature was observed in the western seas of Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report