- The IMD WRF model predicts up to 125 mm of rainfall in Colombo district on 31st March.
- Between 22-28 Mar: highest rainfall of 60 mm was recorded on the 27th in Ratnapura and Galle districts
- From 19-25 Mar: minimum temperature of 15 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while Puttalam and Kurunegala recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC
- From 21-27 Mar: up to 14 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the northern regions, and speeds less than 10 km/h in the southern regions of the island
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the Northern and Eastern seas of Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report