- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 75 mm in the central parts of the island during 24 – 29 Dec.
- Between 19 - 23 Dec: up to 140 mm of rainfall was recorded in Jaffna district on the 22nd.
- From 16 – 22 Dec: entire island recorded a minimum temperature between 20-25 OC and a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC
- From 18 - 24 Dec: up to 18 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- Average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report