- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 100 mm in Galle districts during 10 - 15 Oct.
- Between 3 – 9 Oct: up to 120 mm of rainfall was recorded in Kalutara, Galle and Matara districts on the 6th.
- From 30 Sep – 6 Oct: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while most parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 2 - 8 Oct: up to 18 km/h, northwesterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report