- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall between 150-200 mm in Badulla district during 25-30 Oct.
- Between 17-22 Oct: Rainfall up to 90 mm was recorded in Colombo, Gampaha and Kegalla districts on the 19th.
- From 15-21 Oct: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while most parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 10-16 Oct: up to 54 km/h, northwesterly winds were experienced by the southern half of the country and up to 36 km/h in the northern half.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report