- The IRI Model predicts total rainfall between 50-75 mm in Batticaloa and Ampara districts during 24th -29th Jan.
- Between 17-21 Jan: No significant rainfalls were recorded in any part of the island.
- From 14-20 Jan: minimum temperature of 15 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while western and southern parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 16-22 Jan: up to 18 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC below average sea surface temperature was observed in the northern seas of Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report