- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts up to 50 mm of total rainfall in Kalutara and Galle districts during 27th Sep - 2nd Oct.
- Between 20 - 26 Sep: Rainfall up to 50 mm was recorded in Anuradhapura and Trincomalee districts on the 23rd.
- From 17 - 23 Sep: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while Ampara district recorded a maximum temperature between 35-40 OC.
- From 19 - 25 Sep: up to 54 km/h, northwesterly winds were experienced by the southern half of the country and up to 36 km/h in the northern half.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the northern and eastern seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report