- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 50 mm in Colombo, Kalutara, Ratnapura and Galle districts during 24th -29th July.
- Between 16 - 22 Jul: up to 20 mm of rainfall was recorded in Nuwara Eliya district on the 16th.
- From 15 - 21 Jul: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while eastern coastal regions including Jaffna, Kilinochchi, Vavuniya and Anuradhapura districts recorded a maximum temperature between 35-40 OC.
- From 16 - 22 Jul: up to 36 km/h, westerly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC below average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report