- The IRI Model predicts total rainfall between 50-75 mm in Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Badulla, Ratnapura and Monaragala districts during 27th Dec 2017-01st Jan 2018.
- Between 20 - 25 Dec: Rainfall up to 60 mm was recorded in Hambantota, Nuwara Eliya, Ratnapura and Badulla districts on December 20th.
- From 17- 23 Dec: minimum temperature of 15 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while western and southern parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 19- 25 Dec: up to 36 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the southern seas of Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report