- The NCEP weekly forecast predicts rainfall between 35-45 mm in Monaragala and Badulla districts during 23rd -29th Jan.
- Between 10-16 Jan: Rainfall up to 90 mm was recorded in Vavuniya district on January 11th.
- From 7-13 Jan: minimum temperature of 15 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while western and southern parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 9-15 Jan: up to 30 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC below average sea surface temperature was observed in the northern seas of Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report