- The IRI rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 100 mm in Colombo and Kalutara districts during 15th - 20th August.
- Between 8 – 14 Aug: up to 50 mm of rainfall was recorded in Ratnapura, Kegalla and Colombo districts on the 8th.
- From 5 - 11 Aug: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while eastern coastal regions of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 35-40 OC.
- From 7 - 13 Aug: up to 18 km/h, northwesterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC below average sea surface temperature was observed in the western and southeastern seas of Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report