- The IRI weekly rainfall forecast predicts up to 75 mm of total rainfall in the Galle district during 13-18 Sep.
- Between 6 - 12 Sep: Rainfall up to 140 mm was recorded in Gampaha district on the 6th.
- From 3 - 9 Sep: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while most parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 5 - 11 Sep: up to 28 km/h, southwesterly winds were experienced by the southern and central regions of the country; and up to 18 km/h in the northern regions.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report