- The IRI weekly forecast predicts total rainfall between 25-50 mm in Kandy, Kegalle, Nuwara Eliya, Badulla, Monaragala, and Ratnapura districts during 21st - 26th Mar.
- Between 13- 19 Mar: up to 80 mm of rainfall was recorded in Kilinochchi district on the 13th.
- From 11- 17 Mar: minimum temperature of 15 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while Kurunegala, Puttalam and Kegalla districts recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 13- 19 Mar: up to 18 km/h, easterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- Average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report