- The IRI weekly forecast predicts total rainfall between 75-100 mm in Nuwara Eliya, Badulla and Kandy districts during 27th Feb - 4th Mar.
- Between 20-26 Feb: up to 90 mm of rainfall was recorded in Matara district on the 26th.
- From 11-17 Feb: minimum temperature of 15 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while Gampaha, Kurunegala and Colombo districts recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 19-25 Feb: up to 18 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC below average sea surface temperature was observed in the northern seas of Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report