- The WRF model predicts up to 125 mm of rainfall in Colombo and Ratnapura districts on 26th May.
- Between 15-23 May: highest rainfall of 90 mm was recorded on the 18th in Colombo district.
- From 14-20 May: minimum temperature of 15 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while northern and northeastern regions of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC.
- From 16-22 May: up to 36 km/h, westerly winds were experienced by the southern regions; and up to 28 km/h northwesterly in the northern regions of the island.
- 0.5 OC above average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report