- The NCEP rainfall forecast predicts total rainfall up to 35 mm in Kandy and Nuwara Eliya districts during 30th Aug – 5th Sep.
- Between 21 – 27 Aug: up to 50 mm of daily rainfall was recorded in Anuradhapura district on the 23rd.
- From 19 - 25 Aug: minimum temperature of 20 OC was recorded from Nuwara Eliya district while northern regions and eastern coastal regions of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 35-40 OC.
- From 21 - 27 Aug: up to 36 km/h, westerly winds were experienced by the entire island.
- 0.5 OC below average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report