- The NCEP weekly rainfall forecast predicts up to 35 mm of total rainfall in Batticaloa and Ampara during 16 – 22 Jan.
- Between 9 - 14 Jan: up to 90 mm of rainfalls were recorded in Ampara and Batticaloa districts on the 13th.
- From 6 – 12 Jan: Nuwara Eliya district recorded a minimum temperature between 10-15 OC and western and southern parts of the island recorded a maximum temperature between 30-35 OC
- From 8 - 14 Jan: up to 28 km/h, northeasterly winds were experienced by the southern parts of the island.
- Average sea surface temperature was observed in the seas around Sri Lanka.
Download Full Report